Apple's Return Policy w/o receipt?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jayeskreezy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

If I received Final Cut Studio 2 as a gift from someone without a receipt can I return the product to an Apple store? Just wondering what their policy was. Final Cut Studio is a big deal.

2. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

if you bought it w/ a credit card they should have it on file
    if not, your credit card company should.

I doubt the receipt will be a problem.

3. AndyFL macrumors regular

He/she said they received it as a gift. Unless the poster has the gift giver's CC number / info........

Oy.....I dunno, I would approach the situation with the mindset that you'll be lucky if they do take it and give you credit, but expect that they won't. These days, most stores won't do much for you without a receipt. Worth it to make a call probably before you go down there. Good luck.

4. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

i took back applecare once without a receipt and they gave me store credit...they had to look up a few different things on their computer and get a manager involved but i did eventually get the credit...i wasn't expecting much and even told them if it's against your policy or whatever it's no big deal, but they still did it.

5. f1 macrumors 6502

You may get a store credit, depending on which store you go to, and how generous the manager is feeling. Apple's Official policy is not to accept returns without receipts whatsoever.