Apples Returns policy - UK only

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JonL12345, Apr 16, 2013.

1. JonL12345 macrumors regular

I am very tempted to get an iMac 27" but have a few issues that first need ironing out.

1. If I buy an iMac, do they all come with a no questions asked 14 day refund policy, where I can return it for any reason? Is the returns policy the distance selling regulations or Apples own policy?

2. If I buy it for my business (self employed), can I still return it for any reason?

I ask this because I fear a dreaded dead pixel on the gorgeous display of the iMac. Any idea how many of them get dead pixels? Or is it a slim chance? I would want to return the iMac if I found one.

Thanks,

Jon

2. GGJstudios, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you can return it for any reason within 14 days. That's Apple's policy.

Returns & Refund - Apple Store (UK)
    Yes, the 14 day return applies to any Mac, regardless of who buys it.
    A small percentage have dead pixels, but it's possible. It's also possible to have a pixel die after the 14 day return window.

About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later

3. JonL12345 thread starter macrumors regular

Would I still be able to return the package if I have started the computer (and then checked for dead pixels)?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, if you read the refund policy terms that I linked, your questions will be answered.

5. JonL12345 thread starter macrumors regular

I did read the link (thanks) but I am concerned if I missed something. I really fancy getting an iMac and if I am covered I am most certainly going to get one.