Apple's Ringtone Service = Useless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AHDuke99, Oct 5, 2007.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I just bought a song that I really wanted made into a ringtone that I already owned, clicked on create ringtone, and itunes tells me "this song can no longer be made into a ringtone anymore."

great, this is the second time i've bought a song where it said it was ringtonable and then it tells me no. why does it do this? cant apple keep their system up to date!

2. cjmal macrumors 6502

This has happened to me, with songs i've bought. Close iTunes and try it again. I had a song that I wanted to make into a ringtone and it gave me the same error that you mentioned and after re-starting iTunes I was able to create the ringtone.

3. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I had this problem also. It went away with the last update of iTunes.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Agreed

5. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

Took about two hours for me to get my first ringtone, not to mention two reinstalls of iTunes. Found an instrumental piece I liked (took me a couple days) so I buy it (even though I already own it on two separate store bought CDs), no problem. I hit the ringtone button and the ringtone editor pops up and it asks me to sign in. I do so, and the moment the sign in window disappears, the ringtone editor disappears. Eventually find out it's due to my iTunes version (7.4.0) being too old. So, I update to 7.4.3. Go through the process again, and it gets the ringtone...but I can't sync it, since iTunes doesn't recognize my phone. Do some troubleshooting...nothing. PC sees it fine, I can access the photos no problem, but nada on iTunes. So I reinstall again and finally the process works.

One thing I have to wonder....why can't we use the Options menu under Get File to do things like adjust the volume or set an equalizer before syncing it to the phone?