Apple's scheme

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by realchimera, Sep 15, 2011.

1. realchimera macrumors regular

Apple's "stupid" design of Macbook Pro makes it so hot/scotching even when it's loaded. Today I put it on my laps watching two and a half men for 10 minutes, my penis almost got burnt. Since it's to hot to put a MBP on lap or stomach to watch movies, so I decide to buy a iPad which previously I thought is completely useless as a heavier and bigger version of iphone.

So is it Apple's scheme to make MBP hot and inconvenient to be used as a real laptop so that people go back to Apple store to buy iPads?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah, you're totally on to them. :rolleyes:

My MBP never got too hot to keep on my lap, even when watching video.

3. evorc macrumors 6502

evorc

4. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I feel the OP's pain. Mine always gets ridiculously hot. I do a lot of web design and graphic design, so I'm always using a lot of the Macs resources...

5. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Its not a laptop, its a notebook computer.

Buy a lapdesk (not a ripoff cooling pad, just a padded platform you put on your lap and can write on) and then put you notebook computer on that.

6. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

You have apple's scheme wrong. They don't want to make the computer a pain to use, they just want to make the world infertile.

Unfortunately, I bought a substantially-hotter HP Elitebook for my engineering classes, which is bad news for me :O.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I second this. I'm using one right now, and not only does it prevent my junk from getting fried, it makes the computer much more comfortable to use on my lap, and even provides a place for a mouse if I want to use one.