Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple's September 2019 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Update: Video Posted]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's "By innovation only" media event will be kicking off at 10:00 am Pacific Time today, and as is tradition, some MacRumors readers who can't follow the event live are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with a direct link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Notably, Apple is streaming today's event live on YouTube for the first time, which means a replay should be available almost immediately after the event ends, and in fact, users should be able to watch the video from the beginning even while the event is still going on, at the risk of getting a brief glimpse of the in-progress feed upon first loading the video.

Apple has also generally become quicker about making event videos available for replay on its own site over the past several years, and Apple-hosted videos are now frequently available within an hour of an event's conclusion.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts about Apple's announcements in this thread.

Update: The full keynote video is available on Apple's website as a direct link to the video file with no spoilers.

Article Link: Apple's September 2019 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Update: Video Posted]

Last edited:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I don't know if this is going to be any use this year with the event being streamed on YouTube, but it's hard to break with tradition. Let us know if we should continue with it for future events, but seems like since you should be able to watch the stream from the start at any time, this thread is much less useful than it has traditionally been.

Comment

tCdemon

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
Fullerton, CA, USA
I don't know if this is going to be any use this year with the event being streamed on YouTube, but it's hard to break with tradition. Let us know if we should continue with it for future events, but seems like since you should be able to watch the stream from the start at any time, this thread is much less useful than it has traditionally been.

I prefer the live thread feed you guys provide...especially when I’m at work! Can’t be with headphones and watching YouTube at work.

Comment

frosty18

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2018
Pennsylvania, United States
Thank you so much for posting it! I can’t watch since I’m in college until later! I was worried it wouldn’t be posted !

Reactions: jjini
Comment

MisterSavage

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2018
Notably, Apple is streaming today's event live on YouTube for the first time, which means a replay should be available almost immediately after the event ends, and in fact, users should be able to watch the video from the beginning even while the event is still going on, at the risk of getting a brief glimpse of the in-progress feed upon first loading the video.

Huge improvement for those of us who want to watch as soon as we get home from work.

Comment

CarlJ

macrumors 603
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Rosebud is a sled!
Vader is Luke's father!

Oh, sorry, wrong spoilers.

Back to reality though, I never make use of the "spoiler free thread" but I appreciate that MacRumors offers them alongside each event, for those who want that experience.

Comment

TantalizedMind

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
Lame. If other users don’t want spoilers, they should stay off the web. This is not a movie.

Loved your live coverage in the past.
::thumbs down::

Comment

Jarrodbcall

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Lame. If other users don’t want spoilers, they should stay off the web. This is not a movie.

Loved your live coverage in the past.
::thumbs down::
I’m assuming they will do both, just like they do every year. This benefits those who want it and takes nothing away from everyone else.

Comment

MrCubes

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008

We have a family dinner time just as the event kicks off - so I won't be available until about an hour after it starts this time. So if I can start watching the YouTube stream from the beginning at that point that's perfect for me.

I still think the spoiler-free link is valuable, however, as they do tend to do some editing and add more polish to the version that gets posted later. Whether that's enough for people to wait, I don't know - but if I wasn't going to be around for 5-6 hours I might just wait for that.

Comment

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I’m assuming they will do both, just like they do every year. This benefits those who want it and takes nothing away from everyone else.
Correct...same live blog coverage as always. This spoiler-free coverage is only for those who want it.

Comment

TheralSadurns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
Uhmm... if you can actually watch it on Youtube at any time and from the very beginning... care to share the link?!
If I start googling it now (or when I am home in an hour) I WILL get spoilered!
That'd be great! (If you could do that, not the being spoilered part!)

Comment

kaleim

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2019
Uhmm... if you can actually watch it on Youtube at any time and from the very beginning... care to share the link?!
If I start googling it now (or when I am home in an hour) I WILL get spoilered!
That'd be great! (If you could do that, not the being spoilered part!)

The YouTube link doesn't allow you to start it from the beginning, at least not for me. It forces you to go live. Same with trying to stream it off Apple's website. Unless that changes, I would still like a spoiler-free feed. I've been using this site for many years for that and it's been a great tradition going home and watching the whole thing from the beginning.

Comment

amt2002

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
Definitely keep the spoiler-free video link posts going - I use these every time there is a keynote as I never am able to watch live from the start.

PS - I just tried tuning into the YouTube stream hoping to rewind and watch from the beginning, but it's not allowing it. It's live or nothing.

Comment

MrCubes

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
It should let you watch from the start once the live stream has ended (a few minutes after)
[doublepost=1568141218][/doublepost]In fact it looks like it's working now:

[doublepost=1568141275][/doublepost]lol - complete with the first 15 minutes of pulsating logo
[doublepost=1568141455][/doublepost](to be clear that's the raw YouTube archive of the live stream. Presumably Apple will still post their usual edited and polished version later - so for some may still want to hold on for that)

Comment

Barry Forshaw

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018
I can’t get your link to work MrCubes. It says ‘null. If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in’

I’ve searched on on YouTube for the event and tried to watch it on my Apple TV but it’s saying I can’t watch it on this device. I’m too scared to go poking around the rest of YouTube in case of spoilers!

Can anyone post the url of the Youtu

Reactions: Monsieur Arykovère
Comment

Monsieur Arykovère

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
I got off work about an hour into the event and tried to watch from the beginning and none of the streams would let me scrub back to the beginning. It’s weird that the video still isn’t available on Apple’s site or YouTube...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.