Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
I completely understand your frustration. And while there are people on this thread saying it hasn't affected many people, they're wrong. It has affected too many people.

First off, I hope this is a lesson in which you won't do a software update until some time passes to hear how it's affecting other iPhone owners' phones. I've always done this and have avoided bad software updates in the past. Second, as aggravating as it is that Apple doesn't do any PR around software issues; I totally understand why they do it. Look at the people who are on this forum alone. They complain about everything. They twist everything around like crazy. Look back at the "late summer" fiasco by AT&T with MMS. Apple knows their loyal fan base well. And I think they know them well enough to just shut up and work behind the scenes.

Next time I won't be a guinea pig for the new updates until I read up more on feedbacks from these forums from others who have updated. I gather that this is due to the lower RAM/ROM on the 3G Iphones. With all these updates that they have been issuing the phones are running low on memory causing crashes. How difficult could it possible be to give these phones more RAM/ROM to begin with ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.