Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Is the papaya in person an actual orange? Not a peach, I have the Hermes sport band but it’s just a little lose as it only comes in M/L and would love another orange band
I would describe it as kind of a salmon/orange or a soft orange. I like it very much.

Reactions: twanj

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
the Blue Horizon, how does that compared to the midnight blue. I have the midnight blue and don't love it. I think its too dark to tell that its a navy blue...
Wow you have a thing with blue and orange colors :)
[doublepost=1553368576][/doublepost]
Really like the hyper grape! Kind of the same feeling as midnight fog but more vibrant.
Damn that pops in real life!

Reactions: puckhead193

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Anyone with papaya and Hermès orange can do a side by side comparison?

Love my Hermès orange but the M/L is just too big for my wrist. Would love a similar colour in S/M for daily use.

Reactions: parkds

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I ordered the Hyper Grape and Spruce Fog Nike sport bands. I like the Papaya but I know I won't wear it. After seeing a pic on here I might get the Nike Hyper Grape sport loop as well. Whoo boy, thought I was done buying straps.

Last edited:

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I got the Delft Blue today and find it really disappointing. In several lighting conditions, including outdoor, the purple undertones really shine through and it really takes on a violet / indigo look (exact same issue I had with Ocean Blue)....really not a fan, will be returning it.

Blue Horizon is infinitely better as a blue and for those after a deeper and vibrant blue, I’d recommend it over Delft

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
I got the Delft Blue today and find it really disappointing. In several lighting conditions, including outdoor, the purple undertones really shine through and it really takes on a violet / indigo look (exact same issue I had with Ocean Blue)....really not a fan, will be returning it.

Blue Horizon is infinitely better as a blue and for those after a deeper and vibrant blue, I’d recommend it over Delft

Interesting how different eyes can work and how subjective colour really is. I see no purple whatsoever in Delft, under any light, indoor or outdoor.

I like Horizon as well, but it is much darker than Delft.

Skittles0813

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2018
Nike Hyper Grape sport loop on S4 Gold Aluminium.

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 546
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 611

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
so it's the standard return policy... interesting...

https://www.apple.com/au/shop/question/answers/readonly/what-is-the-return-policy/QCAHPAXAKKP2F2PDA

Yep. I’m pretty sure that level of customer service is built into apple’s premium pricing somewhere, ie paying $49 for a rubber band that costs about 50c to produce.

Hence if you read my post a bit upwards on this page, I felt ‘comfortable’ buying the Delft Blue sports band knowing I have a safety net just in case it turns out to look different / I otherwise don’t like it as much as I thought I would, and voila it wasn’t what I thought it would be, so returned. Full refund. Done.

Kermit262

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Central Ohio
I like the Sunset loop band and think it will go well with my “Bros Gold” Apple Watch, but my local Apple Stores don’t have any in stock. Looking forward to seeing this combo in real life.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Picked up a Blue Delft band yesterday. I like it, it's a bit darker and more purple than Denim, but it will be nice to wear in the spring and summer with light colored clothing.
[doublepost=1553694638][/doublepost]
I had ordered a Summit White Sport Loop and returned it to a store this morning. No fuss, no pain. Was in the Apple Store less than 10 minutes.

If I may ask, why did you return it? I was thinking of getting that band.

Reactions: staggerlee41

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Today I ordered Delft and both Hyper Grape bands. Delft and the Hyper Grape Sport Band will be here Monday. The Hyper Grape Sport Loop is 3-4 weeks out. That's fine, I can wait. Last one on my list (for now;)) of this year's Spring bands is the Nike Black. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and taking shipment of the ones I have on order.

Reactions: twanj and EdMan

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
Today I ordered Delft and both Hyper Grape bands. Delft and the Hyper Grape Sport Band will be here Monday. The Hyper Grape Sport Loop is 3-4 weeks out. That's fine, I can wait. Last one on my list (for now;)) of this year's Spring bands is the Nike Black. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and taking shipment of the ones I have on order.

I had ordered the Hyper Grape Loop online also(3-4 weeks) but was able to pick one up at one of our local Apple stores. I tried cancelling the online order but it was in "Preparing to Ship" stage and the CSR told me he would try and get it reversed and issue me a refund. Point being it will probably come a lot sooner than the estimated ship date. If I do end up getting the other one I will either return or hold on to it for a few months and see if the Ebay prices go crazy. This appears to be a popular one.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I had ordered the Hyper Grape Loop online also(3-4 weeks) but was able to pick one up at one of our local Apple stores. I tried cancelling the online order but it was in "Preparing to Ship" stage and the CSR told me he would try and get it reversed and issue me a refund. Point being it will probably come a lot sooner than the estimated ship date. If I do end up getting the other one I will either return or hold on to it for a few months and see if the Ebay prices go crazy. This appears to be a popular one.

It's funny you said this. I got an email this evening saying it has shipped and will be here by the 30th. Delft and Hyper Grape Sport arriving by the 29th. That works for me:cool:

Reactions: EdMan

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
It's funny you said this. I got an email this evening saying it has shipped and will be here by the 30th. Delft and Hyper Grape Sport arriving by the 29th. That works for me:cool:

I got an email tonight as well telling me mine would be here on the 30th. Under promise, over deliver I guess.

Reactions: staggerlee41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.