Apple's stance on Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Jago, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Jago macrumors regular

I have just fired off the following email to Tim Cook:

Dear Tim.

I have been a faithful Apple customer over many years and I have, up until now, been very proud that I have been able to recommend Apple products to others based on your and Apple's supposed stance on privacy issues. Words cannot describe my alarm and anguish after reading that Apple is supporting Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA). If this is indeed true, SHAME on you Tim and SHAME on all of Apple.

At least when it comes to the likes of Microsoft, Symantec and others, their stance was unsurprising, considering their past behaviour, but Apple made a really big deal of standing out as a champion of users rights for their privacy to not be invaded.

By supporting this bill you've made it clear that Apple has abandoned their previous position, and is now willing to endanger their users' security and civil rights in exchange for government handouts and protection.

Sincerely, likely soon to be ex-customer of Apple.
    - Dan Naumov

2. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

Please read the front page and any other article showing Apple's stance. They never supported the act. I personally called my representatives, but alas they still voted for it. The best we can do as American citizens is to get out and vote accordingly in upcoming elections.

EDIT: Sorry. Just saw that this was a thread from September