Apple's Stock Price Officially Crosses the $400 Mark

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following yesterday's strong earnings report, Apple's stock price has officially broken through the $400 mark in regular trading today, rising over 5% to sit at roughly $406.

Apple's share price rose above $400 during after-hours trading yesterday following the earnings release, but now that the mark has been breached during regular trading, it's considered official as an intraday all-time high.

Apple's stock had dropped as low as $224 in late March as concerns mounted over the global health crisis, but it has experienced a strong and steady recovery since, rising over 80 percent in the last four months. Many other large tech companies have experienced similar surges, including Amazon, Microsoft, and Google parent Alphabet.

As part of its earnings release yesterday, Apple also announced that it will be initiating a four-for-one split of its stock in late August. The move will drop the price of a single share of the company's stock to around $100, before accounting for any changes in price between now and the effective date for the split. Current owners of Apple stock will receive three additional shares for each share they own.

Article Link: Apple's Stock Price Officially Crosses the $400 Mark

• Angry
Reactions: SocialKonstruct

zubikov

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
PA
There's roughly $1,800,000,000,000.00 of Apple stock floating around out there. WOW! It's hard to fathom just how much money is bought into AAPL, and how many countries on Earth are worth less than that.

Reactions: Agit21 and Lucas284

citysnaps

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2011
San Francisco
A big tip-of-my-cap to Tim Cook and Apple, who have both performed incredibly well in developing, manufacturing, and selling products and services its customers want to purchase. A $2 trillion valuation is not far away.

ilikewhey

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
truly genuine happy for these who held onto it, its honestly a very safe bet right up there with the s&p500, only reason i sold my shares couple months back because other stocks caught my interest. maybe i'll get some again after the split.

MrSmartguy

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2020
I had 10 or 15 shares way back in '96 or '97 - when they were at $11.xx. Sold them because it wasn't going anywhere after almost a year I think. That was before Steve Jobs got into the picture. Gil Amelio was the CEO. I really blew it.

• Wow
Reactions: cwwilson

ilikewhey

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
I had 10 or 15 shares way back in '96 or '97 - when they were at $11.xx. Sold them because it wasn't going anywhere after almost a year I think. That was before Steve Jobs got into the picture. Gil Amelio was the CEO. I really blew it.
You only blew it if u didn’t reinvest the money in another stock

Reactions: Agit21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.