Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I thought I was part of Apple’s Upgrade Program. I was able to upgrade from a 7 Plus to an 8 Plus. I received my new phone. I was sent an a trade in kit. I returned my old phone and received confirmation that my old loan was cancelled.

HOWEVER THEIR SYSTEM SAYS I AM NIT ENROLLED.

I was on the phone with Apple staff at several different levels. They acknowledge the issue. Nobody seems to know how to fix this or who has responsibility or when it will be fixed. This is unbelievable.

Does anyone have this problem besides me?

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Hi

I thought I was part of Apple’s Upgrade Program. I was able to upgrade from a 7 Plus to an 8 Plus. I received my new phone. I was sent an a trade in kit. I returned my old phone and received confirmation that my old loan was cancelled.

HOWEVER THEIR SYSTEM SAYS I AM NIT ENROLLED.

I was on the phone with Apple staff at several different levels. They acknowledge the issue. Nobody seems to know how to fix this or who has responsibility or when it will be fixed. This is unbelievable.

Does anyone have this problem besides me?
You have the new phone, you have the old loan cancelled. Not sure what the actual issue is. Can you please explain it?

Reactions: ACST

ACST

Suspended
Sep 5, 2016
You have the new phone, you have the old loan cancelled. Not sure what the actual issue is. Can you please explain it?

Probably that he can't turn-in his iPhone 8+ next year because he's not enrolled now.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
The issue is that the Apple Store App says that I am not enrolled in the program with my new phone, even though I am. It needs to be corrected, so that next year, I am permitted to upgrade again. I hope this clarifies things.

GeoffR86

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
I joined the iUP this year with the 8+ and mine still says I’m not enrolled. I’m guessing it takes a little while for it all to sort itself out. I reckon after the first monthly statement passes it will say that we’re enrolled.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
The issue is that the Apple Store App says that I am not enrolled in the program with my new phone, even though I am. It needs to be corrected, so that next year, I am permitted to upgrade again. I hope this clarifies things.

Give it some time, I bet it will be updated once they get through the X release.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Bigger question.. Are they charging you for the 8+? Not sure how you can be paying for the IUP, yet not be in the IUP...

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
I spoke to Citizens. The claim the new loan is active and the former loan has been paid by Apple. We shall see when I get charged. For now, it is the Apple App that has issues.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I spoke to Citizens. The claim the new loan is active and the former loan has been paid by Apple. We shall see when I get charged. For now, it is the Apple App that has issues.

I would not call it an issue until you are eligible to upgrade and it is not there.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
As long as it gets resolved well in advance of next year’s upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.