Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I remember when they accidentally put the whole Harry Potter franchise on sale for $9.99, but it was supposed to be $59.99.

That was a much better "mistake" :p
In the early days, they would price some things insanely low - I assume because they were trying to develop the nascent market.

For a while they had the original Star Trek series for either $11.99 or $12.99 a season - so of course I grabbed them all.

Smooch

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
We need a proper Mean Girls 3 is all I'm thinking after seeing this article...

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Any one have a problem when the digital DRM version media is more expensive than physical copies that got printed in a manufacturing plant, can work on multiple devices, has shipping expense+retail store profit?

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Generation Cheapskate wants everything for free. They want slave Uber drivers to pick them up and deliver food. They cry like a baby when Netflix charges an extra dollar.

Then they complain why their salaries aren’t going up and the rich keep getting richer. Theses spoilt kids don’t realize they are depressing their salaries and making themselves poor by behaving cheap.

Sometimes people are their worst enemy. They literally pick the easy current route, and forget about the long term disadvantages.

For example, if the gov. didn't punish people for skipping on taxes I am sure near none will pay it but in the end guess who's healthcare, roads, safety, public services, parks, and schools is going to get hurt?

Td1970

Suspended
Jan 29, 2021
Generation Cheapskate wants everything for free. They want slave Uber drivers to pick them up and deliver food. They cry like a baby when Netflix charges an extra dollar.

Then they complain why their salaries aren’t going up and the rich keep getting richer. Theses spoilt kids don’t realize they are depressing their salaries and making themselves poor by behaving cheap.
I finally agree with you on something. It’s the age of free

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
The copy errors are the best. Sometimes movie titles are in Indonesian or Thai when it’s a Hollywood movie.

But Prime has the best errors. It must be the advanced AI they use. AI are so smart they will replace all of us.

Me: Hi AI Chef make me a Californian Roll.

AI: One moment sir let me process your order. Brrrr Brrr click clack brrrrr

A rolled map of California is served by robo waiter.
This isn't unique to Apple. I remember seeing The Sixth Sense in Spanish in the Microsoft Movies and TV app in Windows 10.

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
It's only the 4K version that is on sale, the HD version is the higher price.
I thought there is no 4K vs 1080p versions on the iTunes Store/Apple TV. I have many titles I purchased recently that already support 4K and I did not specifically choose a 4K version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.