Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
If you read between the lines of Cook's answer from today's earnings call, Apple's plans for a TV streaming service haven't been abandoned:

3:01 pm Question asked about Apple TV and the broader streaming TV/content ecosystem.

3:02 pm Cook: We think of the new Apple TV as the foundation for what we can do in the space. I don't want to be more precise than that. Don't look at what's there today and think we've done what we want to do. We've built a foundation that we think we can do something bigger off of.

Reactions: boston04and07

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I hope so. Right now trying Sling last month which was horrible I am now using Vue which is buggy but is the most reliable however no Vue app for the ATV is a major problem too have to use the FTV.

Reactions: boston04and07

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Hmm. Not gonna lie, that does sound more...I don't know...concrete, I suppose, than anything I've heard him say recently about the Apple TV and any streaming service. I hope it does come to fruition, and have been wondering if the many delays in the streaming service are part of the reason why iTunes hasn't gotten a major overhaul in recent years. Maybe they're waiting on this before they do anything drastic.

Tech198

macrumors P6
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
I hope so. Right now trying Sling last month which was horrible I am now using Vue which is buggy but is the most reliable however no Vue app for the ATV is a major problem too have to use the FTV.

It's still a bundle... even if its "the content we want".. It's even been rumors u buy "bundles" for $20....

that's says a big "no" to me... because the current way works best... pick and choose which "app" u want to install and pay them.. Although u are not just paying Apple, i see that as no different than "u don't pay u'r cellular provider a gas bill"

U have different charges, regardless.. People just gotta choose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.