Apple's TV streaming service may still be coming

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jdillings, Jul 26, 2016.

1. jdillings macrumors 65816

If you read between the lines of Cook's answer from today's earnings call, Apple's plans for a TV streaming service haven't been abandoned:

2. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I hope so. Right now trying Sling last month which was horrible I am now using Vue which is buggy but is the most reliable however no Vue app for the ATV is a major problem too have to use the FTV.

3. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Hmm. Not gonna lie, that does sound more...I don't know...concrete, I suppose, than anything I've heard him say recently about the Apple TV and any streaming service. I hope it does come to fruition, and have been wondering if the many delays in the streaming service are part of the reason why iTunes hasn't gotten a major overhaul in recent years. Maybe they're waiting on this before they do anything drastic.

4. Tech198 macrumors G4

It's still a bundle... even if its "the content we want".. It's even been rumors u buy "bundles" for $20....

that's says a big "no" to me... because the current way works best... pick and choose which "app" u want to install and pay them.. Although u are not just paying Apple, i see that as no different than "u don't pay u'r cellular provider a gas bill"

U have different charges, regardless.. People just gotta choose.