iPad Pro Apples Ulterior Motive

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Mar 26, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

So Apple likes to tip their hand or leave hints or breadcrumbs to follow like a good serial killer would.

When Apple purchased BEATS, a few years ago it wasn't to start making headphones. It was to kill off the 3.5mm jack.

So here comes along the iPad Pro with 4 Speakers Built in in a Tablet 12.9 inches and now 9.7 inches 4 Speakers really ?

Why ? Whats their Ulterior Motive ? I believe its to #1. Hurt the Mobile Bluetooth Speaker Market on purpose (how why) Because portable Bluetooth speakers have No BASS period. and after using an iPad Pro it delivers very Nice Mids and Highs enough that I would never need a Bluetooth speaker.
    #2. Kill off Qualcom Proprietary aptX. aptX is basically Much clearer HD sounding Audio over Bluetooth (using a Note 5 and a Creative ROAR 2 speaker) Both devices must have aptX for it to work. But Apple will not pay the licensing fee they preffer to kill off a threat as they did with Flash.

Look for the new iPhone 7 to Feature 2 speakers.

So this is Apples Ulterior motive with adding More Speakers to their Devices.

2. CE3 macrumors 6502a

The Beats acquisition also included their streaming service, which paved the way for Apple Music.

I really don't think the motive behind improving the iPad speakers is to hurt Bluetooth speaker sales, I think they're just trying to make their products better.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I think Apple simply plans to introduce its own line of lightning headphones once they do away with the headphone jack on the iPhone 7. I saw a review of a pair going for about $800 on youtube and I can just imagine Apple salivating at the thought of all that margins they can command.

4. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

i don't see the correlation between aptX and Flash at all.
    Flash was a flawed and insecure product that its creators were incapable of fixing and yet 90% of the world were wilfully oblivious because otherwise they couldn't watch kitten videos.
    aptX is a technology that 90% of the world are completely unaware of at all and don't care whether their phone or their speaker supports it because they'll both still work if not. it's only audiophiles that would be concerned, and real audiophiles wouldn't use a bluetooth speaker if their life depended on it

5. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Personally I don't care about wired vs wireless but if Apple ditches the headphone jack and don't include a free bluetooth wireless one to replace the free EarPods they give now, now would be borderline insane.

"Hey, you can't use what is still the standard now but you can buy an adaptor from us".

I know they did it with the 30pin to lightning connector but I'm still pretty worried Apple might get a little too greedy just looking at how much money they can make from pushing wireless Beats EarPods. Seem like a product that would be more expensive than the current wired EarPods.

6. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

I have always felt that bluetooth music gave a compressed/processed tone to the vocals and overall music sounded less dynamic. I would definitely not upgrade to iPhone 7. Sucks to spend $400 on quality wired earphones only to be prevented from using them.

7. FFR macrumors 6502a

FFR

While clearly displaying willful imagination, your theory has more holes than Swiss cheese. The only ulterior motive Apple has to add more features to any of their products is better products.

Beats accusation was primarily for iTunes Radio.
    No need to rewrite history, they are the ones responsible for he new music app as well as beats radio.

I love the 4 speakers on the iPad Pro and I'm picking up an iPad Pro mini for the 4 speakers. It is an among feet of engineering and if they can put 4 speakers on an iPhone, I would purchase one as well.

Lastly regarding aptx. No one cares. Even less so for Qualcomm.

You think flash was a threat? Flash need to be taken out back and given the old yeller treatment, and Apple was the only one able to do it.

8. Wando64 macrumors 6502

Lol. Do yourself a favour and go try a Bose Soundlink mini in a store today.

9. TheRealAlex thread starter macrumors 65816

Very true good point its gonna make my New 9.7 iPad Pro look out dated in 6 months how why ? Because the new iPhone 7 WILL IMO not have a 3.5mm Jack in Favor of some Fancy Better Audio through the Lighning Connector.

BUT because whatever reasons it will ONLY have this new Audio Codec or Chip that only the new iPhone 7 has.
    meaning no other device has it thats why you can only get Great Wireless Audio on the iPhone 7

But Bluetooth 4.2 can already do this they just choose not to offer it to other devices will be my guess because (its a special chip) if not it would just be a Software Update.

10. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

If Apple builds the DAC into the headphones, this would allow any ios device to reap the benefits, not just the iPhone 7 (or whatever it will be called).

11. chinanderm macrumors regular

chinanderm

Portable speakers have no bass? I have about 6 ways to prove you wrong, all costing less than Apple's (Beat's) new high-end Pill speaker.

12. 617aircav Suspended

Op you have no clue what you are talking about. Stop making up things as you go. Have you tried the really good portable speakers? And what would you call the speakers in the iPad? After all they are smaller than portable speakers.

13. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I think Apple's motives boils down to one thing - make more money. Nothing ulterior about it. :rolleyes:

14. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Stopped reading after point #1.

As an aside, the problem with Bose mini is the battery life stinks. Other than that, very happy w/it tho' I don't use it anymore...switched to something with more battery.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Just another "conspiracy" thread brought to you by the OP.

RED ALERT!!!