Apple's upgrade tool

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nooaah, Oct 5, 2011.

1. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

So, that upgrade tool linked on the front page is telling me I'm not eligible until November. However, the AT&T website states:

As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment.

Where is Apple getting their information from? AT&T told me I was eligible for a full upgrade back in June.

2. Kaenon macrumors regular

AT&T is your data carrier. Go with what they say since you will be paying them :confused:

The Apple upgrade utility doesn't even let me log in, so...

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

That tool is basically worthless currently.

Verizon users can't even check availability. We keep getting errors that our account passwords are incorrect.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Apparently Apple is getting their information from AT&T cause if you read your own bold you're not eligible for a fully subsidized upgrade according to AT&T either.

5. nooaah thread starter macrumors 68000

nooaah

Whew, ok! Thanks! I'm just afraid that Apple will give me a hard time on Friday. Maybe I should double check with AT&T with customer service.

Sorry if this was a repeat thread. I'm on an air card and my keyword search didn't turn up a similar thread.

----------

Wow, I completely missed the "reduced" part. Ok, time to haggle. :eek:

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yup, Apple's tool is telling you when your eligible for a FULLY subsidized upgrade.

7. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Mine shows the same. I am eligible for a "Discounted Price" according to AT&T and Apples site.

16GB-$449
    32GB-$549
    64GB-$649

That is until Feb 25th. Then I qualify for the "Full Discount".

After talking with AT&T for an hour and talking to 3 supervisors, the last one told me to keep a watch out for AT&T announcing Early Upgrades for iPhone 4S.

While he couldn't promise such a thing would happen, he told me to keep checking back.

I've got my fingers crossed...