Apple's version of Beats by Dre

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by madeready, Jun 12, 2014.

1. madeready macrumors newbie

I feel like this topic has been beaten to a bloody pulp by now, but I haven't found a reasonable answer to my curiosity. Based on past acquisitions, does anyone have an educated guess on what Apple's version of the Beats by Dre will offer? Quality and durability improvements? I've read Apple will put a microphone on the earbuds and headphones. My guess is that Apple will improve the battery life as well that is modeled after their other wireless devices. I've also read that the Beats by Dre is/was poorly made and are somewhat fragile to "light" usage. However, not sure how some define "light" usage.

Deployment timeframe? I realize Apple is still in the midst of closing the deal, but Apple has to have a team of engineers already in progress on making the new products their own. I'm thinking within the next 12 months we'll see a release, but for the sake of time value of money and ROR, I'm sure we'll see a version earlier than that.

The reason behind this post is, should I wait to drop $200-300 on bluetooth headphones? Or is there a better option out there?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It has, you are correct.

Of course not, no one has any idea what a future product is going to look like, especially given Apple's secretive ways.

Your only option is to wait and see.