Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple's Wearables, Home and Accessories Category Sets All-Time Revenue Record of $7.9 Billion

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Wearables, Home, and Accessories category, which was previously known as the "Other" category, brought in record revenue in the fourth fiscal quarter of 2020, hitting $7.9 billion, up 21 percent from $6.5 billion in the year-ago quarter.

Apple CFO Luca Maestri said that Apple hit September quarter records in every geographic segment in these categories. Apple's wearables category alone, which includes Apple Watch, AirPods, AirPods Pro, and Beats headphones, is now the size of a Fortune 130 company.

When it comes to Apple Watch sales in September, 75 percent of buyers were new to the Apple Watch, suggesting the Apple Watch is still seeing significant growth among those who have not yet used the product.

Apple during the call announced a new Lumi Health partnership with the government of Singapore, which is an Apple Watch program designed to encourage healthy behaviors.

Article Link: Apple's Wearables, Home and Accessories Category Sets All-Time Revenue Record of $7.9 Billion

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

jz0309

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2018
Temecula, CA
apple does have the best line-up of products and keeps improving and adding new products, eg assuming that airtags will be announced soon and fall into this category, I think they will be quite successful

Comment

DeepIn2U

macrumors G3
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bruh ... why you gotta taint such a beautiful love story with 'AirTags' for? Why?

"75 percent of buyers were new to the Apple Watch" - THAT is HUGE! Looks like we'll see a significant drop of Google based watches in their quarterly reporting or they just will say nothing about it or MUST have to announce significant new features and/or partnership. I doubt any of the latter though. Google likes to PUSH as in a force feed to their customers with their OS vs working with their customers whom have established smart watch market YEARS before them such as Sony. Sony was the first smartwatch you could download apps for (globally) and had a plethora of them for some time before Google was like nah - ourway (but they had no vision just copy,cut paste).

Comment

Chompineer

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2020
Ontario
The Apple Watch is my favorite Apple device. :D Apple hit it out of the ballpark with the Apple Watch.

Agree. I had a series zero and just didn’t see the use in it... Sold it quickly after. My girlfriend’s Fitbit died in spring and she really wanted to get an AW, so we both got S5’s. I was very hesitant to try again, but very glad I did. She loves hers too.

Only annoyance, my carrier doesn’t support AW. I’d really like to be able to use the LTE on mine, then I wouldn’t have to bring my phone on walks.

Comment

MacBH928

Contributor
May 17, 2008
I can't believe that Apple's wearable and accessories division revenue is the same amount Google is willing to pay to be set as the default iOS search engine, not even exclusive search engine.

Comment

Davidglenn

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
It goes to show, that you don't need to be the first on the market, just do your research and get it right.

Reactions: JWiLL1988
Comment

4jasontv

macrumors 68040
Jul 31, 2011
I can't believe that Apple's wearable and accessories division revenue is the same amount Google is willing to pay to be set as the default iOS search engine, not even exclusive search engine.
What does that tell you about the value of your personal data?

Reactions: matrix07
Comment

jonnysods

macrumors 604
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
They’ve done well to diversify their income, we’re a long way from the time the stock dropped once Apple stopped reporting iPhone sales figures. Moving into wearables and services was a good move fiscally.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.