Apple's Website About the Macbook Pro Update...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Josheua, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Josheua macrumors regular

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I know there has been a lot of argument about whether the added options for the macbook pro constitute a REAL update. I just noticed that that on the Apple Online Store, that the macbook advertisement states that it is the "NEW macbook". However, the macbook pro is labeled "Macbook Pro: Now with 2.6 Ghz Option." These careful choice of words leads me to believe (despite what Apple Chat folks say) that Apple does NOT consider the 2.6 ghz option a true upgrade.

Just a footnote.

-Josh :apple:

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i don't think anyone saw the speed bump to 2.6 a true upgrade rather a very minor increase to the top of the line to hold people over until they do make big upgrade to the entire line

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Indeed, I suspect that a bigger update is coming early next year. I suspect that we'll see new mpbs revealed in January (MacWorld) and see them shipped by February (early February).

4. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Perfectly worded. There's NOTHING different about the MBP we've had since June. It would be misleading to call it the new MacBook Pro when all that's changed is an optional extra. The price didn't move, nor did any specs.

MacBook however got a new keyboard and graphics card amongst other things. So that would certainly count as an updated model.

5. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Yes I agree, There has to be some kind of update to the pro line in january I'm guessing penryn. Maybe something else (case redesign).