Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I wonder why Apple's website does not allow cancellations? Considering the phone lines, you think we could at least cancel via the web?

Even my Plus order, 3-4 weeks, it won't let me cancel it online.

Do you think I would eventually be able to cancel it? Would the phone customer service team be able to cancel it you think, or will I have to return it should I decide against it?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I wonder why Apple's website does not allow cancellations? Considering the phone lines, you think we could at least cancel via the web?

Even my Plus order, 3-4 weeks, it won't let me cancel it online.

Do you think I would eventually be able to cancel it? Would the phone customer service team be able to cancel it you think, or will I have to return it should I decide against it?

i can still cancel my 6 plus and delivery is oct 1-6

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005

HI again everyone

Are you actually clicking the cancel button? Whenever I click the cancel button on either of my orders, it says no. It says to give them a call to see if it's possible. Seems strange on a 3-4 week shipment you can't cancel online.

Photography - Thanks for your link. Sadly, once I hit cancel button, I get the same message there.

I'm very curious to know if you guys are actually clicking the cancel button when you told me you can cancel?

After all, there are more steps after a cancel button I'm sure, it's not going to cancel it with the first click.

Thanks!

madmod20061

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
I cancelled my order fine after my AT&T order went through for release date delivery. I thought the AT&T order failed but I got a confirmation. Almost immediately I got a text saying my AT&T order was also cancelled (turns out my upgrade eligibility is tomorrow:mad: ). I placed an order through apple again and realized I ordered the wrong phone and it let me cancel that one too. Unfortunately now it still says I have 2 orders so I am stuck orderless because of the 2 phone limit. So that is a long way of saying yes you can cancel.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I cancelled my order fine after my AT&T order went through for release date delivery. I thought the AT&T order failed but I got a confirmation. Almost immediately I got a text saying my AT&T order was also cancelled (turns out my upgrade eligibility is tomorrow:mad: ). I placed an order through apple again and realized I ordered the wrong phone and it let me cancel that one too. Unfortunately now it still says I have 2 orders so I am stuck orderless because of the 2 phone limit. So that is a long way of saying yes you can cancel.

That is odd. Neither of my orders could ever be cancelled. I tried immediately just so I would know. I tried throughout the day.

I wonder what is different about my account or orders?

Well, I appreciate all the responses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.