Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week added dedicated "Tech Specs" pages to its website for the Apple Watch Series 9, Apple Watch Ultra 2, and second-generation Apple Watch SE.

Apple-Watch-Series-9.jpg

The pages offer a variety of information about the latest Apple Watch models, including details about materials and finishes, size and weight, hardware, connectivity, battery life, health and wellness features, safety features, accessibility features, and more.

The pages complement the previously-existing Apple Watch comparison tool.

There is not much else to say about the pages, other than "finally."

Article Link: Apple's Website Finally Has 'Tech Specs' Pages for Apple Watch Models

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
So SE has LTPO OLED display but no AOD? why ?
The same reason that:

- 2 external monitors is disabled by software on M1 and M2, but miraculously was possible for M3 after 6 months
- Stagemanager allegedly did not work on M-Socs
- ANC got reduced on Airpods
- Performance was limited on iPhone 6s's
- A one year old iPhone cannot have some basic improvement features the new 'just released' iPhone does have

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
This is really great to see… i find the tech specs way more interesting than the general info page thats targeted to most consumers.

I would love to see way more detail… but i understand why its very dumbed down… most consumers don't need or want to see the finer details of SoC etc

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
How many Apple Watch buyers really care about tech specs though? 🤔

It's a little like buying a Mercedes G-Wagon "for the specs." Did you really buy it because you carefully analyzed every detail on a spec sheet and realized that, yes, for that price point, it genuinely is superior to the competition? Or did you buy it because it's a Mercedes-Benz G-Class?

I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who buy an Apple Watch are buying it purely because it's an Apple Watch.

(The other 1% also bought it purely because it's an Apple Watch, but they needed to rationalize that purchase first with some tech specs neatly laid out on a list. :p)

Mrkevinfinnerty

Suspended
Aug 13, 2022

It's a little like buying a Mercedes G-Wagon "for the specs." Did you really buy it because you carefully analyzed every detail on a spec sheet and realized that, yes, for that price point, it genuinely is superior to the competition? Or did you buy it because it's a Mercedes-Benz G-Class?

I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who buy an Apple Watch are buying it purely because it's an Apple Watch.

(The other 1% also bought it purely because it's an Apple Watch, but they needed to rationalize that purchase first with some tech specs neatly laid out on a list. :p)

It's because they have seven different models of everything, nobody knows what the difference is between them

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
It's because they have seven different models of everything, nobody knows what the difference is between them
The current lineup is really really confusing for the average consumer... and that's the customer they target. I think a combination of upselling and genuinely wanting to make something for everyone.. they have ended up here.

I feel the point at which they start to cut back on models is coming soon... it happened before, and it will happen again.

Apple want to be about simplicity, premium and things that just work. They kind of lost that a bit in the past decade or so.

Really, they only need two tiers in each category... regular and "Pro". And, if I think I know they are the company they want to be... the regular device should not skimp on quality or design.

I do like it that they offer the Apple Watch SE... as it does most things for most people.

The Mac lineup is pretty decent... but the Mac Pro is just not enough considering its cost... most people don't even need to go there... they should have made the Mac Studio the Pro and designed a special interconnect/expansion system (like with the eGPU of past). The just need to stick with MacBook and MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac and Mac Studio.

I don't like the iPhone lineup... their cheapest iPhone, the current SE is just too little as a product, its battery, camera and display are just too outdated compared to the next model up. If they made a quality iPhone that sat between the SE and regular, and just had that as the regular, and then a Pro version... it would be way better.

I don't like the current iPad lineup either, it's way too complicated and the design choices for pencil and keyboards are appalling for such a big company with a massive cash pile. The iPad is way too gimped compared to the Air... to be honest it should be iPad and iPad Pro.

Im sure in the next few years they could refine and simplify the lineup and make the amongst the best devices in each category on the market. Apple used to just make one device, and make it the best it could be... they need to go back to that.

Last edited:

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015

Thats how it was for a while... you bought an iPad, MacBook, Mac.... yes, some people knew the differences between the specifics if their was different models or upgrades... but for the most part, you had a Mac, and you could do spreadsheets, word processing and desktop publishing no matter what the exact specs.

Reactions: Jovijoker

Mrkevinfinnerty

Suspended
Aug 13, 2022
The current lineup is really really confusing for the average consumer... and that's the customer they target. I think a combination of upselling and genuinely wanting to make something for everyone.. they have ended up here.

I feel the point at which they start to cut back on models is coming soon... it happened before, and it will happen again.

Apple want to be about simplicity, premium and things that just work. They kind of lost that a bit in the past decade or so.

Really, they only need two tiers in each category... regular and "Pro". And, if I think I know they are the company they want to be... the regular device should not skimp on quality or design.

I do like it that they offer the Apple Watch SE... as it does most things for most people.

The Mac lineup is pretty decent... but the Mac Pro is just not enough considering its cost... most people don't even need to go there... they should have made the Mac Studio the Pro and designed a special interconnect/expansion system (like with the eGPU of past). The just need to stick with MacBook and MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac and Mac Studio.

I don't like the iPhone lineup... their cheapest iPhone, the current SE is just too little as a product, its battery, camera and display are just too outdated compared to the next model up. If they made a quality iPhone that sat between the SE and regular, and just had that as the regular, and then a Pro version... it would be way better.

I don't like the current iPad lineup either, it's way too complicated and the design choices for pencil and keyboards are appalling for such a big company with a massive cash pile. The iPad is way too gimped compared to the Air... to be honest it should be iPad and iPad Pro.

Im sure in the next few years they could refine and simplify the lineup and make the amongst the best devices in each category on the market. Apple used to just make one device, and make it the best it could be... they need to go back to that.

The iPhone line up is mad. Both standard and plus models of iPhone 14 and 15 still on sale and the smaller iPhone 13.

1711838931115.png

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
The iPhone line up is mad. Both standard and plus models of iPhone 14 and 15 still on sale and the smaller iPhone 13.

View attachment 2363883
Yeah, this is another issue… they have models from different years for each tier. It is super confusing.

I get that it makes business sense to continue manufacturing an older model as it gradually gets cheaper to make…

But yeah… it’s madness when you look at it.

Mrkevinfinnerty

Suspended
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, this is another issue… they have models from different years for each tier. It is super confusing.

I get that it makes business sense to continue manufacturing an older model as it gradually gets cheaper to make…

But yeah… it’s madness when you look at it.

the iPhone 13 and 14 are basically the same phone. Same chip, same camera, same display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.