Apple's website has an ad banner on it

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Audrey123, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Audrey123, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

Audrey123 macrumors newbie

Audrey123

When I was on Apple's homepage I saw a banner ad that wanted to fix my PC. Probably a fake PC cleaner but still I never saw a banner ad on Apple's website. I think they put an ad on their website because they are running out of money. That ad was probably made by Reimage or something. But the big question is if they put an ad on their website why would it be made by some random company that makes fake PC cleaners. It should made by Malwarebytes or a legitimate company. Probably Apple is very desperate to get money and anybody who paid to put their ad on Apple's website and Apple put the ad on the website. The entire website looks minimalistic except for the ad. I thought Apple's website is minimalistic ,ad free and clean. Screenshot (3).png

2. Powermax macrumors regular

This probably has nothing to do with the apple website. Check your browser extensions and system if you have adware on your computer.

3. krazirob macrumors member

krazirob

thats not apple my friend....thats your browser!!

4. trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

You got malware or some ad browser extension on your PC generating that banner, it's not actually Apple's.

I agree Apple is desperate for more profits and money lately though ;)

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Conspiracy theories somehow seem to be more fun to jump to rather than the dull reality of some unscrupulous add-on or software being involved (and doing who knows what else, potentially in addition to who knows what else).

6. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

And many people are still under the mistaken impression that Apple OSX is immune to malware....

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's that too, although in this case even that doesn't really come into play.