Applesac sheds?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Davidkoh, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Hey!

I got my new alu MacBook arriving tommorow, and also got the be.ez case for it. Im thinking about getting one of those Applesac's though, but the problem I see is that it might shed alot and stuff might get stuck inside the computer so to speak. Any thoughts on this by Applesac owners?

2. Davidkoh thread starter macrumors 65816

3. mathieuheartmac macrumors member

From the reviews on the applesac site, many people really like the sleeves and have no problems long after they bought them.
    They have a 30 guarantee, so you could always return it if it ends up shedding on you.

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i received my black applesac yesterday for my macbook (which i'm still waiting to arrive)..

ive just tried pulling some of the fleece lining with my fingers and it doesn't shed.. so i expect we'll be fine :)

can't tell 100% until i use it with my macbook though!

5. Davidkoh thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay :) I'll do with my Be.ez for now then, when they been around a few months more I might get 1 unless people report lint getting in everywhere ;)

6. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

Ha, i've just done the same! i ordered my macbook on the 17th and my black applesac today. if my applesac comes first then i am calling apple and demanding to speak to a manager coz that would be a joke.

7. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

Applesacs have been out way longer than the new macbooks have been released. If there haven't been that many complaints yet, it's probably not a problem.

I put a lint roller over mine before I used it, and there was practically no reason to since nothing even came off.

8. Davidkoh thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm just afraid it's gonna fill my computer with lint and destroy my warranty :p

9. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

In order for that to happen, you'd have to take your mac apart, put it in the sac, shake it around, and screw it together. Then MAYBE you'd fill your computer with enough lint to make applecare have a heart attack.

10. JustLikeYou macrumors member

I have had the black applesac for 10 months on my MacBook and it has been great. No real lint to speak of or fuzzies coming out of the thing.

11. Davidkoh thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay, then i'll prolly get the black one as a christmas gift for myself ;)

12. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

lol!! well.. judging by the other thread re: macbooks, you should get the laptop first.. and the applesac a day or 2 later...

i used the applesac with my macbook first time today...
    it's quite a snug fit.. i guess it will stretch a little bit... but its definitely not loose!!!

13. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Mines should arrive next week, when it does - i'll do a video review on it.

14. Davidkoh thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm, I might not get it. I got a few hesitations about sticking a just turned off hot laptop in a cozy warm bag :p That ain't good for the battery.

15. melissaur macrumors newbie

melissaur

I just got my original applesac today, and when I went inside of it with my lint roller, it stuck to the insides/came out completely full of fleece.

I don't have my macbook yet:( so I can't attest to shedding on the actual computer....we'll see on Friday. I am, however, a bit concerned about it.

Pretty superficial, but I just love this thing so much I don't have the heart to return it, at least not until I see if my lint roller is just EXTREMELY sticky. =P

16. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

17. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

I just got my Black ColcaSac today and I am loving it so far. I used a lint roller on it to get the excess shed out and now it's the perfect sleeve for your new MacBook :D

I highly recommend an AppleSac :)

18. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

I don't have a lint roller or even packing tape, but I did use typical "invisible" tape to try to get some of the fuzzies off the inside (because there are some!), and mine is still shedding a bit on my MacBook.

For what it's worth, I have the original (aka, potato-sac) AppleSac. The shedding isn't terrible, but I do often end up with random blue (or purple? I'm colorblind) debris on my MacBook after carrying it in this bag. Perhaps a lint roller would help...I'll have to try to get ahold of one. Not a big deal, but just a minor annoyance.