Applesauce on iPhone screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nickpro, Nov 15, 2007.

1. nickpro macrumors regular

anyone ever try applesauce on their iphone's screen area? i have an annoying scratch displex won't get rid of and i was considering trying applesauce.

http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I've never used it, but i've read about other people on this site having great success with ... good luck!

3. nickpro thread starter macrumors regular

^^^^^^
    yes, i've read up on people using it on their ipods, but i was wondering if the same results were possible on the iphone screen or if it would damage it in any way?

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

the part of the screen you touch is glass just like the iPods, its whats underneith the glass that is special.. It won't hurt your phone.

5. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

good thing I clicked on the link.

I thought you were crazy and thought apple sauce (the mashed fruit) would get rid of scratches.

Man I'm tired.

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Thats what I first thought too.. It would have helped to put the word polish in the title.. :)

7. nickpro thread starter macrumors regular

dont the 5th generation ipods (which applesauce was designed for) use plastic on the exterior? someone please correct me if i'm wrong

8. samuraikiss macrumors regular

I thought that you'd spilled applesauce on your iPhone. I was ready for some horror story about electrocuting yourself...
    Thank God.

9. nickpro thread starter macrumors regular

update

for those of you that care:

Hello!

Honestly, we have not tested on the iPhone/iTouch only because the surface is glass. However, we have received reviews that it does work on the metal plate. Unfortunately, we cannot stand behind that at this time, but are going to research further.

The first step, our polish, has a mild abrasive that may permanently scratch the screen of your iPhone.

Applesauce is intended for and proven to work well on shiny, hard, plastic surfaces (similiar to the iPod).

We do offer the InvisibleSHIELD to protect from future scratches, so please check out our website if you are interested.

Thank you for your interest in Applesauce!

AnneMarie Hernandez
    Customer Support
    Applesauce, Inc.
    www.applesaucepolish.com