Edit: I figured it out. Apparently I don't need the drive/directory qualifiers. Just iTunes was sufficient. But I'll leave the rest here for the "internet archival process". So I'm just getting into Applescript and it's coming along well but I'm poking around on the way. I'm trying to get iTunes to activate on my laptop (I'm on my desktop). I have Remote Apple Events on but it won't activate it. The program is running and behind a Safari window. Here is the code: Code: activate application "Macintosh HD:Applications:iTunes" of machine "eppc://192.168.0.186" I've tried using Macintosh \\HD just in case the space goofed it up, then I tried renaming the HD to MobileHD and updated the Applescript accordingly and still no dice. I keep getting this error (pictured below). Certainly not urgent as I'm just poking around but more curious what I'm doing wrong here. The book I'm going through is "AppleScript Handbook" which was written for 10.3. Should still be okay but I know language things change from version to version too.