Applescript Command Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AnimalCrackers, May 22, 2011.

1. AnimalCrackers macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to set something up on my Mac. Ideally, I would like to tell my create my own voice-recognition command in which I say "Computer, Weather" and following that, a weather script I found turns on. This is the weather script.

Any help appreciated!

2. AnimalCrackers thread starter macrumors newbie

3. andmr macrumors member

With the script open in your AppleScript Editor, choose File > Save As > File Format: script. Save the script to your Speakable Items Folder, located inside your Home > Library > Speech folder.

The name you choose for the saved script must correspond exactly to the spoken command you intend to use. For example, if you won't be using a keyword when speaking, save the script with the name "Computer Weather." If, however, you will be using the (default) "Computer" keyword, just name the script "Weather."

Make sure that Speakable Items is turned on in System Preferences > Speech > Speech Recognition.

The above is based on my test in Tiger; names and locations of named folders may vary in systems beyond Mac OS 10.4.11. I used your script as written, and it worked flawlessly the first time. Good luck.

4. AnimalCrackers thread starter macrumors newbie