Applescript Editor

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knew2mack, Nov 7, 2011.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

Hi all,

I'm playing around on the Mac, when I came along Applescript - in reading the help topics, I find myself extremely confused. I clicked on 'Introduction to Applescript Seminar Video.

The guy doing the video shows us how to get to the Editor part. He says that Applescript can be found in Applications, then Applescript. Once opening Applescript, there should be (screenshot below) 'Utilities' 'Examples' 'Folder Action Setup' and 'Script Editor'.....In my case, however, when I open Applescript, there is absolutely NOTHING within the app, folder - whatever..

Can someone please help me to understand why, how, and explain in noob terms?? I'm going thru and trying to learn new things and videos seem to be the easiest, cause they actually show what your screen is 'supposed' to look like and I have found that my screen does not contain that which is in the help videos - several occasions.

I appreciate your help!!! Also, real quick, I have been having a difficult time getting any answers to a couple of my questions, different postings - is there anyone out there that can help me to understand why this started happening??

When I first started here on MacRumors Forums, for the majority of the time, I'd get lots of guidance (ALL OF WHICH ARE SO GREATLY APPRECIATED).....so I'm starting to wonder if I'm posting some of my questions incorrectly . ?? . ??

At any rate, I have a screenshot of what it should look like, instead of just a blank window - thanks so much!!

peace & blessings

Attached Files:

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

What version of Mac OS X are you running? That tutorial, based on the desktop picture in the background, seems to date from the Leopard era. In Lion, the editor is located in /Applications/Utilities.

As for your postings going unanswered, dunno really. Best explanation I can give is that we're a fickle bunch or something like that :p

Attached Files:

3. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack