Applescript, import img to iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Gaff, May 14, 2008.

1. Gaff macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been trying to put together a script that will import only images to iPhoto.

I have no previous programming experience, I just put this together by pieces I found when I searched for a script like this.

I have a folder I drop random things into, say it's a download folder. I want to attach a folder action to it, that will import _only_ images into iPhoto, and afterwards delete the image. I want it to import only images, because I drop other things into it as well.

This is what I got, but it doesn't work. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could tell me what's wrong with it. I apologize if it looks silly or stupid, but I just tried to think logically when I put it together. As I said, I'm not a programmer. Anyway, here it is:
    Code:
    on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving added_items
    	if the name of aFile contains {".jpg"} ¬
    		or the name of aFile contains {".gif"} ¬
    		or the name of aFile contains {".png"} ¬
    		or the name of aFile contains {".pict"} ¬
    		or the name of aFile contains {".tiff"} ¬
    		or the name of aFile contains {".gif"} ¬
    		or the name of aFile contains {".psd"} ¬
    		or the name of aFile contains {".bmp"} then
    		tell application "iPhoto"
    			import from added_items to (the first album whose name is "New images")
    			delay 5
    			select (the first album whose name is "New images")
    		end tell
    		tell application "Finder" to delete added_items
    	end if
    end adding folder items to

2. masterp34588 macrumors newbie

I've just discovered Shovebox today. I'm testing it out and my hopes are to have it automatically add any photos I drop onto the menubar icon to my iPhoto library and have a keyword attached. I have no applescript experience at all. This script about the closest thing I've seen after searching around for an hour. I attempted to use this script and I get a successful growl notification and a sound notification but I don't see the file in iPhoto. Is this possible (I imagine I will have to modify the script) and will it work with iPhoto '09?