Applescript kills the video in DVD Player

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by brianus, Apr 28, 2007.

1. brianus macrumors 6502

I've been experimenting with using AppleScript to control DVD Player (thinking of writing an extension to the excellent DVD Assist). and discovered something strange.. if I set the title and chapter through AppleScript, DVD Player plays the audio for the selected title/chapter, but I lose the picture (I just get a black screen with the DVD Player logo, as though no DVD were inserted). I have to restart DVD Player in order to get a picture again on any DVD. If I navigate to that same chapter through the DVD menu, it shows up fine.

Any ideas what might cause that behavior? The script is very basic, just testing the waters of what can be done with this app. I ran it on several VIDEO_TS folders (making sure each had a title 3 with at least 3 chapters):

Code:
    tell application "DVD Player"
    	set interaction override to false
    	open dvd video folder alias "someHD:someFolder:VIDEO_TS:"
    	set title to 3
    	set chapter to 3
    end tell
    (btw, the "interaction override" thing seems to be the only way to get rid of the start up FBI warnings and menus and such, at least that I'm aware of -- strangely, it doesn't matter whether I use 'true' or 'false', just as long as I include that line)

2. fjjames macrumors newbie

Re: Applescript kills the video in DVD Player

Did anyone ever find an answer to this?