Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdolan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Hello all,

I have a powerpoint presentation with many linked fields that are sourced from an excel workbook. To update these in Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008, I have to manually click on each, update it, etc. It simply takes forever to complete when there are 50 fields... On top of that, this has be done multiple times per week.

Is there an AppleScript that exists to do this automatically? I have searched for a long time and have yet to find one.

Ideally this would work with both Office 2004 and Office 2008 for mac. Any help would be appreciated, as I am pretty unfamiliar with coding AppleScript. Again, I need a script that will update parts of my powerpoint presentation from data in my excel workbook.

Thanks,
Charlie

cdolan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Hello all,

I have a powerpoint presentation with many linked fields that are sourced from an excel workbook. To update these in Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008, I have to manually click on each, update it, etc. It simply takes forever to complete when there are 50 fields... On top of that, this has be done multiple times per week.

Is there an AppleScript that exists to do this automatically? I have searched for a long time and have yet to find one.

Ideally this would work with both Office 2004 and Office 2008 for mac. Any help would be appreciated, as I am pretty unfamiliar with coding AppleScript. Again, I need a script that will update parts of my powerpoint presentation from data in my excel workbook.

Thanks,
Charlie

Update:

I played with the ScriptEditor and built this. My Applescript knowledge is obviously very limited :)

Where did I go wrong:

tell "Microsoft Powerpoint"
update links active presentation
end tell

::

cdolan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Update:

I played with the ScriptEditor and built this. My Applescript knowledge is obviously very limited :)

Where did I go wrong:

tell "Microsoft Powerpoint"
update links active presentation
end tell

::

Does anyone have an idea? Would be much appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.