Applescript Vs. The Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ChaosCon, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ChaosCon macrumors newbie

Hello Internet!

I've recently done some webwork for a friend, and it requires me to transfer pages created on my mac to a windows machine. My wireless router fried (thank you freak power outages...:mad:) so I've had to use a flash drive. Which brings me to my problem/question: plugging my drive into my windows machine reminds me of my utter disdain for those annoying .ds_store/.trashes/._ files. I know there are utilities like BlueHarvest that can take care of those for me (and I was just curious if this could be done ;) ), but from what I've used of it, it's a little bit much for what I need. I was wondering if there exists a means to make an applescript that would scan a specific flash drive (when I choose to eject it) for these files and subsequently delete them.

2. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

Goooooogle is your friend ;)

iRemove .DS_Store files
    http://tomx.890m.com/

But i can't seem to find anything for trashes and files.

Blueharvest is ok. Sorry I can't be of more help. I have to imagine there's something out there.

3. ChaosCon thread starter macrumors newbie

You know, I'm sure I stumbled across that at some point with Google...just must not have registered in my brain :confused: Oh well - thanks for the pinpoint! Perhaps I can tweak it to take care of the others....

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Once in your Windows computer you can right click each folder and choose properties. Then tick the box to make them hidden. When you reopen the window they should no longer be visible.