Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesadrian

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Rochester, NY 14626
I have been looking for a script or an expert that would lead me to an applescript that moves the cursor upon startup and clicks. I know how to include an applescript in the Login Items, but I haven't found anything helpful concerning the script, short of learning the whole language. I don't know if the keyword is "mouse", "cursor", "pointer" or something else.

There is a program that I have and need that places an unwanted large logo near the middle of my desktop in the same place every time I turn on my computer (iMac OS X version 10.7.3). It is redundant and it bothers me. I need to click it away each time. Once this problem is solved, I will probably not need applescript ever again.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

James Adrian
jim@futurebeacon.com

MacGrunt

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
G'day

you can use system events to perform a mouse click :
Code:
tell application "System Events"
	tell process "(name-of-your-application)"
		click at {800, 500} -- (coordinates from top left of screen)
	end tell
end tell

to find the exact name of your app (process) you can run this — and then just copy it from the results window :
Code:
tell application "System Events"
	get every process
end tell

to find the exact location of the point you need to click — go command-shift-4 and draw a box from the very top left corner of your screen. when your cursor is over the point you need, just take note of the coordinates listed there. (note: this places a screen grab on your desktop too — which you'll probably want to delete).

hope that's what you're looking for.

m.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.