AppleSeed OS X

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by chrismarle, May 7, 2014.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Two weeks ago, I joined the AppleSeed program for OS X. I directly got 10.9.3 beta available for download but since that day, two other OS X builds have been released but I can't find the update in Software Update.

Anyone has an idea?

2. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

Was it the public beta testing program you joined, or appleseed (through invitation only from apple)? They are not the same. I know this is confusing and I just WISH apple would properly separate the two to make it clear they are not the same.

They are also not the same as the developer program.

They don't all get all the same betas and even when they do it isn't always at the same time.

The ones you do get depend on the version of the seed configuration utility you installed (which is different for each program).

----------

I have joined the developer program and the public seed program so I can clearly see all the details of differences between these two, but I am not a member of appleseed.

If you want more info on appleseed, you could ask milo who knows more about it than me. (He IS in appleseed).

3. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm talking about the public seed. I'm just wondering what's the point of going into it if we never see newer builds...

4. iPhil, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014

iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

If apple launched the Beta seed program earlier in the 10.9.3 build process then there would be of a "chance" of getting more seed updates in the Beta seed program..

13D61 / 62 seeds are looking like 1 to 2 week away from public release .. :rolleyes:

I bet 10.9.4 will be the last Mavericks "epic" update then onward to 10.10 @ WWDC .. Jan - Feb 2015 for the .1 update -- if apple releases 10.10 sept - Oct timeframe ... ;)

Beta Seed Program

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

There's three seperate beta tracks:

Internal Betas (most current builds; includes special bug reporting tools)

Developer Program (usually feature compatible with the internal builds, lacking the internal reporting tools)

Public (Apple Seed) program - usually runs the latest build considered "stable", will not be on the same update cycle as either the internal or Developer builds.

Microsoft does the same thing for Windows, they just term the programs internal, MSDN/TechNet, and Consumer Preview.

6. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

The public beta program is NOT the same as the appleseed program (for which you need an invitation from apple to participate).

Appleseed is here: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/welcome

Public beta program is here: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

How many times do I need to say it?

They are not the same.

(I know they now have the 2 programs on the same website and I wish they didn't but it doesn't mean they are the same)

7. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

As many times as needed? Sharing is CARING! :cool: