AppleStore Not What It Once Was

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bdhokie, Jul 28, 2015.

1. bdhokie macrumors member

Apple's retail store is a shadow of it's former self. Went in last week and found the Apple Watch display along the wall with 2 watches; one was completely dead and the other broken (digital crown didn't work properly). It looked like a Best Buy display. Two watches in a huge display looks sad.

Perhaps even worse, there were several other empty displays and the staff were milling around talking to each other instead of engaging customers.

The Watch may not be "the next big thing", but Apple's marketing implementation is pedestrian now and I believe one reason for the less-than-spectacular sales.

2. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Your disappointing impression is perhaps regretful, I dunno (I don't own or run Apple), but using single anecdotal experiences as a method to describe patterns or trends is always going to be fail. Sorry. :)

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Where was the store?

Any store that I have been to in my area (I think there are 5) has been very well put together.

4. fireman13, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015

fireman13 macrumors 6502

Your basing your assumption on 1 store. The ones that I have been into didn't look like that at all. It sounds like to me that the store manager either is doing a poor job leading and motivating his staff, or they just don't care. Either way, it's a store problem and not an apple problem as a whole. I would be willing to bet that if they got the phone call that some executives were coming into town that store would look a lot different.
    I don't think that apple's sales of the watch are lack luster at all. Especially for a first generation niche product.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I was just in our Apple Store yesterday and the table with the watches was full with people still looking and buying. I was not there long but in the 10 minutes I was there I saw three Apple watches go out the door.

While it is not like it was a few months ago, it is still nice that one can walk in the store and walk out with the watch of your choice for the most part.

Still enjoying my AW.:cool:

6. bluegt macrumors newbie

I am very curious to know which store this is. Since we are all supporters, next time snap some photos and post them up or send them to Apple. Apple Stores are very carefully controlled, Premium Resellers are not...

7. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Yes please, take photos or at the very least drop a town name. I live within driving distance of 4 Stores and each one is pristine.

8. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

MacRumors is a shadow of its former self. I read through the forum today and discovered a post that was baseless and appeared to be written by someone attempting to stir up a reaction. It looked like a post from BlackBerry Forums. It was sad.

Perhaps even worse, someone else liked the post.

MacRumors might not be "the next big thing," but MacRumor's forum participation is pedestrian now and I believe one reason for the less-than-spectacular posts.

9. papbot macrumors 6502

I'm not sure of the validity of the original post. While it's certainly possible that it was a real experience it's certainly counter to mine at the three Apple stores I've been in. They're almost always packed and the watches usually have quite a crowd. And it's almost impossible to get more than 10 feet into the store before an employee approaches you.

10. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Are we sure OP didn't walk into a Microsoft Store by mistake...?