Applestore questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FederalBmx, Mar 19, 2008.

1. FederalBmx macrumors member

Im going to be buying my first mac this week (or next depending on how expensive my bills are) I do however have some questions about the apple store.

Is it relatively easy to buy a macbook with cash? I dont have a credit card (nor is it probably a good idea for me to have one lol) and i think i can only buy so much $$ worth of stuff with my debit card a day. Anyone tried to buy one with cash?

If not cash do they take personal checks?

Another thing off topic but about this website. thanks alot for all your help. mac-rumors has been such an awesome site filled with alot of helpful people. I just wanted to let you guys know its much appreciated!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

An apple retail store gladly accepts cash. I believe they also accept checks but they'll run it through whatever systems they need to in order to verify the funds are there. I would pay cash if anything or have your bank increase your daily spending limit for that day if need be.

3. FederalBmx thread starter macrumors member

well i just wasnt sure because 1500 is alot in cash. i dno how they handle cash there. thanks alot for the speeedy reply!

4. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

they should still let you pay with cash, my friend and i payed for a new macbook with cash on black friday and they accepted the money, so you shouldn't have a problem

Edit: (up) he beat me by seconds ;P