AppleTV(2) and iTunes 10.4

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by PeterHolbrook, Jul 21, 2011.

1. PeterHolbrook macrumors 6502a

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this, but I couldn't find a better one. If there are any forum members who own an AppleTV or AppleTV2 and you have upgraded your iTunes to version 10.4, can you please say if AppleTV functionality has been affected as far as iTunes content is concerned?

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

3. PeterHolbrook, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

PeterHolbrook thread starter macrumors 6502a

My question arises from the change to the xml structure of iTunes library. I take it for granted AppleTV and/or AppleTV2 can play, let's say, music from your iTunes library. For it to do that, there should be some kind of mapping between a "server" part of AppleTV (excuse my ignorance, as I don't have the device) and your iTunes library. Since the format of the library has changed with iTunes 10.4, can AppleTV still play iTunes content? Has the software or firmware of AppleTV been updated lately?

PS It has just dawned on me that I may have entirely being misinterpreting the relationship between iTunes and AppleTV. If iTunes is the "server" application, there shouldn't be no adverse effect after its update to 10.4. Sorry if I sent anyone in a wild goose chase.