Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axboi87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Dallas, Tx
When streaming a video on Netflix, the video is flawless and plays smoothly, but about every 2 minutes on the dot it goes silent for about 10 seconds and then the audio comes back. It's doing this on every single Netflix stream both at home and at my friends house on his internet connection. It is not doing it for iTunes content. I have done a reset and it did not solve the issue. the only thing I haven't tried is using the optical out but I do not have the equipment to do so. Anyone else having this problem?

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
I am having the same exact problem. I am connected via HDMI only to Sony Bravia EX7 HDTV.

To turn the audio back on I click the middle button select button on the Apple remote to toggle between pause and play and that seems to get it back on track.

I was watching Proof Of Life the other night with a friend and it happened right at some key moments of the movie which really pissed me off. After about the 5th time of this happening I blurted out "piece of **** AppleTV"...yes, shame on me but I was that upset. It is completely random and I never know when it will occur.

I watched 9 Dead last night and that played perfectly. Very odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.