AppleTV $229 refurb at Apple Store Online

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by billyripkin, Oct 4, 2007.

1. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

I dont know if anyone noticed but the price has dropped on the site from $249 to $229 for the refurb model. Maybe this means there will be a price cut soon for the new units?

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

A product update would be nice too. Seems like it's time for the hard drives to step up - maybe 160 and 320?

Edit: And it's been said many times, but movie rentals and purchasing TV/movies/music directly on :apple:TV and sync to your computer wirelessly would be nice too....

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I'd say the hard disk increase, maybe 80 and 160 for $249 and $349 (same as iPod Classic pricing)?

Definitely an OS upgrade at Leopard release to add iTunes Video Rentals, as well as free TV episodes with advertisements (you can't fast forward through - but okay if it's free!), also direct purchasing to the :apple:TV, a computer with iTunes no longer needed... maybe even sync directly with your iPod???

4. cgray24 macrumors member

well this sucks, I just bought one a few days ago.

Does the 14 day price guarantee go for refurb stuff too? Prob. not.

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah call the apple sales line. They did this for those who bought iphone refurbs, when the price dropped.

What is it $20 difference? I think if it is within 14 days you should be eligible for your $20 back.

6. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

I just noticed this while looking through the store. I was assuming we might see an update at Macworld, but perhaps this means we'll see something else for the holidays? Maybe just a price cut on the regular units in preperation for Macworld?

7. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I am planning to buy one next weekend, hopefully they dont come to their senses and change it back or run out :(

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

9. thecombatwombat macrumors member

I just bought one Tuesday and am on the line with Apple now. They're giving me a refund, no problems. I was prepared to be mildly irritated . . . I bought mine with the $100 credit from my iPhone . . .