AppleTV 3 giving superslow data rate on Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mfacey, Jan 13, 2016.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

For a few days now I've been having issues with my Apple TV 3 being unusable on my home network. I get data rates of 6Mb/s over wifi whilst all of my other devices are working fine and getting great data rates.
    I don't have an IP conflict and the issue seems to resolve itself if I power cycle the Apple TV; only to return 24 hours later.

I've reverted to using Netflix (may main use of the AppleTV) on my smart tv for now. At least that works.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Note: I realise that I have a double NAT on my AEBS. I'm hooked up to my ISP's Fibre modem which can't be switched to bridge unfortunately.

Attached Files:

2. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502

satinsilverem2

3. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

Seems unlikely given that I've had this Apple TV for quite some time, as well as this Airport Extreme. I'll check the serial as soon as my son frees up the tv :)

4. mellofello macrumors 65816

Is your network extended to the second extreme via Ethernet, or wifi? Perhaps the problem lies there. Or another possibility is your atv 3 is attempting to contact the first extreme, and is out of range.

To trouble shoot try having the second extreme create a network vs extend a network, and see if the Apple TV is still connected to the original.

If you have a double nat issue you should bridge your extremes.