Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmttu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I searched with no luck. My AppleTV is simply blinking nonstop and will not start up. I have unplugged it, and have an appointment with an Apple Store in a few hours. This has never happened before. Any ideas what’s going on? Thanks!!

meltedwhiskey

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2014
I had the exact same thing happen to me two days ago. alert popped up on my phone saying it needed to restore, then went into a recovery loop and would not update. took mine to Apple Store today and same result, they are giving me a replacement for free. weird thing was that the serial on their end showed it was a 2017 1st gen, which I got rid of a while back and had replaced with 4k 2nd gen (new remote). so they're replacing with a 4k 2nd gen - no option to get the newer 3rd gen.

Reactions: mmttu

mmttu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
I had the exact same thing happen to me two days ago. alert popped up on my phone saying it needed to restore, then went into a recovery loop and would not update. took mine to Apple Store today and same result, they are giving me a replacement for free. weird thing was that the serial on their end showed it was a 2017 1st gen, which I got rid of a while back and had replaced with 4k 2nd gen (new remote). so they're replacing with a 4k 2nd gen - no option to get the newer 3rd gen.
Awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.