AppleTV channel question p l e a s e ...

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ipadplus, Oct 11, 2014.

1. ipadplus macrumors newbie

i have a question for apple tv , does channel on apple tv free to watch ?
    do i have to pay anything for it such as open an account membership stuff

i need some channel like

cartoon network
    espn 1-2
    fox sport

are those free stream ?????:)

2. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

In most cases you will need to have a cable or satellite to stream. Your cable/satellite carrier must also have the streaming rights. Fox sports isn't on ATV but you can mirror or air play from any apple device.

For Showtime or HBO all you need is a subscription to use their apps. Netflix and Hulu require a subscription.

3. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

There are other ways that are not official or direct. You can access stuff such as this if you jailbreak an Apple TV2 or if you install PlexConnect on an AppleTV3.

4. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

The ESPN app requires a cable subscription (with verification through your account with your provider). There are no Cartoon Network or Fox Sports apps.

The Apple TV is not a TV in the sense that it receives broadcast signals, it's a box that connects to the TV and allows you to stream content that's available from very specific sources. You can't get just anything on it, unless you "hack" it and that requires a specific revision of the device.

5. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Actually there is a way to get PlexConnect on an AppleTV3 as I said above and that will allow you to access most of the free stuff you would get through Plex.

Apple TV3 with PlexConnect ≥ Apple TV2.

6. ipadplus thread starter macrumors newbie

that don't work good

i though if i get an apple tv i can watch free

7. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Apple does not own any of the content available on tv. They have no way of making you accessing it without permission from the content owners and providers.

Content owners already give free access to content via OTA antennas. They will not allow anyone to stream that to you via cable or internet.

8. ipadplus thread starter macrumors newbie

so if i had comcast package on tv
    can i watch them on appletv ???

dont telling me i still have to purchase
    package saparate for apple tv

that will be suck ,

9. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

Your comcrap package must have ESPN in order to stream it. Or you can use a family members account. With DirecTV I don't have streaming of ESPN but I use my brothers Uverse account to get full access to the stream. I'm getting rid of HBO and Showtime and use my parents account to stream. Neither uses their online accounts.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I need this on a t-shirt.