AppleTV exclusive no longer at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gopher, Apr 15, 2007.

1. gopher macrumors 65816

Just went to Circuit City today and saw the AppleTV right next to the Slingbox in Wheaton Maryland.

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

The Best Buy "exclusive" was only ever claimed to be for 2 weeks, and even that was recanted the day after the initial announcement of being exclusive at all.

Even if it was a full 2 week exclusive, that would have been over a few days ago.

3. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Seem like I remember the press reports saying Best Buy could only manage to get their hands on a limited supply of ATVs.

Oh yes... here the old news release

Quote "Best Buy will have about 3000 Apple TV units in stores..."

4. Dead EditHer macrumors newbie

There never was an "exclusive" arraingement @ BBY, BBY was the first retailer to sell them. The "exclusive" came from press agencies misquoting the CFO of Best Buy, for the record, I finally saw one at my Best Buy in the Home Theater dept.

5. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

huh. Weird. The Best Buy here has them sitting in the Media Department with the rest of the iPods and such

6. Dead EditHer macrumors newbie

I guess it's just the call of each store's management as to where they are placed, coincendentally, why are iPods in the media dept., my BBY has them in the celluar and mp3 dept.

7. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

Apple TV without any content

My local Best Buy had the Apple TV in the Home Theater department next to the TIVO. But the wierd thing was they had no content synced to the Apple TV or even streaming from a iTunes account on a local PC. So the only thing you could do was look at the Apple TV menus on this small square 14 inch LCD.

I guess I will have to travel to my local Apple Store to see it in action. Only problem is the nearest Apple Store to me is 1 hour away.

8. The General macrumors 601

Big deal, one hour. :p

I'm in Bakersfield, CA. The nearest Apple Store is in Burbank, CA. A 2 hour drive. The same 2 hour drive I had to do to get my MacBook Pro's "D" key fixed. It popped off and the plastic bracket underneath flew somewhere and I couldn't find it. :rolleyes:

All that for 1 key. :D