AppleTV for Christmas!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by aprofetto, Dec 26, 2008.

1. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Hey everyone, just wanted to share I finally got my AppleTV for Christmas last night, my fiance bought it for me! I stayed up until 12:30am playing with it. Unfortunately, the Apple remote that came with the unit had a dead battery, so I had to swap it with my battery from the Apple remote from my iMac. Otherwise its great!

Luckily I kind of knew I was getting one, and I had been spending the past few weeks digitizing my DVD collection! Its great to finally be able to play them through the AppleTV.

Anyone else get one for the holidays?

Adam

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Well I did the next best thing — I gave one for Christmas. :) My brother (an Apple guy) never really "got" the Apple TV. So I gave him one for Christmas, and now he thinks it's the most underrated Apple product ever.

He loves it. I think the Apple TV will become my new de-facto gift to Mac-friendly family members.

3. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Here I am

I am your long lost cousin. I am a Mac lover. And my birthday is only two weeks away. Need I say more...

4. BoulderBum macrumors 6502a

I didn't tell you this before when I saw you on the forums, but it's time to reveal my secret: we were seperated at birth and I missed you this Christmas. :p

Seriously, though, you're very generous. My family even drew names with so we could get bigger presents for each other this year and none of us spent more than $50!

5. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

Me Too!

Well I didn't get one directly but I got gift cards to the Apple Store and bought one today. Can't wait to get home from work and set it up.

6. aprofetto thread starter macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

I find the most exciting part is opening the packaging. :eek:

I love how Apple packages their items, so cool.

7. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

Hopefully you won't still feel this way after you've had it for a week or two.