AppleTV + iMac + Logitech Harmony

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rudini, Jun 13, 2011.

1. rudini macrumors member

Hey all,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out...

I have an AppleTV (newest model), iMac (20" Core2Duo from 2007) and a Logitech Harmony One.

Just recently I've moved and have all three things in the same room. Since I having them all in the same room, I noticed that my Harmony control both the :apple:TV and the iMac simultaneously!!!

Any idea how to make it stop?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    -rudy

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Turn off the IR sensor in the iMac, or try unpairing it.

3. eTip macrumors 6502

I don't think UNpairing will help. Pairing says to the *device*: only respond to this Apple (or Harmony programmed as an Apple) remote. UNpairing says to the *device*: respond to ANY Apple (or Harmony) remote.

So, PAIR the Harmony with the device you want it to control (I assume the ATV) and assuming you also want to be able to control the iMac and have an Apple remote - PAIR the Apple remote with the iMac.

If you do NOT want the iMac to be controlled by any remote at all - then turning off it's IR sensor is all you should need to do.

4. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

Another thing to try, if you want to be able to control both the iMac and aTV with your Harmony, is to pick a random device in your harmony set up (a DVD player for instance) and assign that as the AppleTV remote. Then go into the aTV and have it learn the up/down/left/right/play/menu buttons your Harmony is sending. Then pair your Harmony to your iMac. That should solve the issue (I think, I've not actually tried it but it should work).

5. rudini thread starter macrumors member

I've never looked for it before, but where do i turn off the IR sensor? I don't mind doing that....

Thank you!
    -rudy

6. rudini thread starter macrumors member

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

That's it. The version of Frontrow on OSX is crap.

On the other hand controlling your ATV with the Remote app is awesome.

8. rudini thread starter macrumors member

I have the iPhone 3G and everything is sooo slow on it....I'm waiting for the iPhone 5/4S for my apps to be usable again! HA!

And with the remote app, i have a 4-digit passcode lock on my phone (company mandated). So if i need to pause a movie that I'm watching:
    1. Wake the phone up
    2. enter in 4 digit passcode
    3. Pause

By the time i do all that, I've missed like 5-10 seconds!

First World problems,
    -rudy