Apple TV AppleTv, MLB at Bat, and Location Spoofers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by airomero83, Jun 18, 2013.

1. airomero83 macrumors newbie

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything useful.

Currently have a jailbroken iPhone 5 using LocationSpoofer to be able to see my DBacks play (live in AZ). Unfortunately, the quality isn't as great when I try streaming to my AppleTV than I would watching the feed directly on the AppleTV however am blacked out. I have an ATV2 that I'm looking to JB soon, can I do something similar or is there a "Location Spoofer"-like app I can download to be able to see them play?

Thanks!

2. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I looked into this before, and I was not able to find anything that was at all user friendly.

There is no locationspoofer for a jbATV2; none that I could find anyway.

The way I found was to install XBMC, set it to connect to through a proxy, and then use it's MLB.tv pluggin to watch a game. This implementation is horribly user unfriendly.

Next idea is to set my router to connect through a proxy, but this slows down all the internet a bit, and also causes some websites not to work quite right (the ones that rely on your approximate location).

After that, I gave up. I would absolutely pay for mlb.tv twice over if it were not for the blackouts.

3. airomero83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks oneMadRssn and that sucks that no option is available. Do you know if the app blocks HDMI out? Thinking I might just JB my iPad as well and just get an HDMI adapter to show on my TV

4. RDAR macrumors 6502

Weird, when I stream my ipad mini feed to my apple tv the quality is near HD. Don't know why your stream would change quality when you use airplay.