appletv---new user

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by drater, Apr 28, 2007.

1. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Just got the new appletv, looks and plays great.

I have one question as of right now. My music library is huge and so is my tv shows and movies...I know it can only hold about 33gb or so, but what if I want to watch something or play something that isn't stored? How do I get it to also stream to my mac? :apple:

one more thing...how do i make it so my remote does NOT work with my macbook at the same time? everytime I push a button on it, my mac is close enough that i hear front row start up...tried the pairing thing, worked, but didn't work. anyone?

2. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

1st question - On the main menu on your :apple: TV drop to the bottom to "Sources" and then select in the list of cources the name of your iTunes collection. Then it will bring up an interface just like the normal interface except it will be your library on your Mac.

2nd Question - I am taking it you paired that remote with your :apple: TV. That just means your :apple: TV will accept signals from that remote. That remote can still control any device that uses the same remote. WHat you need to do is pair your remote from your MacBook to the MacBook. That way the MacBook will ignore signals sent by the :apple: TV remote.

Kevin

3. arnop macrumors regular

arnop

How can you do that ? I have the same problem and haven't been able to find a solution on my own

4. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

hold down the menu button and the >> button on the apple remote for you macbook. It will make it so that one remote only works for the macbook (hold the bottons down for about 6 seconds till you see the screen show that the remote is linked). Then do the same for the :apple:tv. Works great!