AppleTV Slower than it used to be...

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Bobby dazzler, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Bobby dazzler macrumors member

Hi all,

So, is anyone else experiencing this?

Mostly, since we updated the software, we find it's "not connected to the internet" a lot after waking up and we have to wait. I hate waiting.

This is new...and quite frankly not an update, but the opposite of one.
    We've had the latest generation of AppleTV since it came out and now it's slowing up.

...and it's not my internet connection. Gotta be the software.

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

The only thing I've noticed and it appears to not be related to any specific software release, is whenever there is a problem streaming content from the iTunes Store as a result of the servers being bogged down or a complete outage, the ATV appears to automatically reconfigure itself to operate at a lower bandwidth and never resets itself back to a higher bandwidth once normal connectivity has been restored. I've seen it where I experience a problem attempting to watch a movie preview on the iTunes Store and then I attempt to stream a movie stored locally on a NAS, and I still see the same performance issues with the ATV and the only way to reset it is to completely restart it. After that, the performance goes back to normal until the iTunes Store screws everything up again. There is definitely some screwed up logic in the ATV software where it tries to be too intelligent.

3. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Same here, things just don't load, taking its time. Conected my macbook pro, no problem, all works fast. Not sure what's up!!!

4. Bobby dazzler thread starter macrumors member

Glad I'm not the only one then.

...even my children have noticed the lag and they just thought it was broken.
    This just goes to prove that it's not working as it should - they've never seen it like this before. It's always worked great.

Can't wait to see what more devices I've got that Apple are going to clog by writing software that the hardware can't cope with.

I thought it was supposed to be an advantage that Apple made the hardware AND the software. Maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing anymore these days...

5. Futuresgreen macrumors newbie

Yep - same for me.
    Many times it cannot connect to wifi when it wakes up.

Watching new tv series bought or films is a nightmare, just gets 30 seconds or so in, then it just seems to stop loading. Then its a reset job quite a few times before you can watch anything.

Grrrr! :)