AppleTV to Toshiba WL66 TV HDMI not compatible?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by page3, Feb 27, 2008.

1. page3 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Anyone else have a Toshiba WL66 (or WLT66) and have no joy with HDMI from the AppleTV? I just get no signal, with a very occasional flash to black. The HDMI ports on the Toshiba are HDCP enabled.

The component input works fine, but I wanted to use the AppleTV component out to connect my projector :(

2. nova30 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with HDMI on my 32 WLT66. The only way I can get the ATV to appear on the screen is to pull the plug out and start again. Ever since I upgraded to version 2 this has been the case. I did have the problem in both v1.0, and v1.1 but this was more sporadic and was resolved by switching sources (i.e. DTV>HDMI 1). I also have a PS3 and this works fine (I have swapped the cable, as this can sometimes be the problem) so I guess it must have something to do with the ATV rather than the actual TV.

It's very frustrating as pulling the plug continuously is not a long term solution.

3. page3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for taking the time to post - its reassuring to know it isn't just me with this issue.

I have had to buy a component splitter so I can use component into my TV and projector in parallel.