Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to set VNC up on my Apple TV? FW 2.1, aTVFlash 3.3 hacked.

Thanks.

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to set VNC up on my Apple TV? FW 2.1, aTVFlash 3.3 hacked.

Thanks.

I have never heard of doing such a thing, mostly because I think it would be pretty pointless... AFAIK, the aTV has no input via keyboard or mouse, so remote control wouldn't let you do much other than see output on your computer screen (without audio). Reversed, if you're asking about a VNC *client* on the ATV, what good does it to see a remote desktop that you can't interact with? Maybe some sort of "monitoring" function?

I'd like to know what you want to do with VNC. Theoretically I can't see a reason why some version of VNC (client or server) wouldn't run on the slimed down Tiger that is the aTV OS...

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
I wanted it so that I can import data and make sure that all my movies and TV Shows all have the correct meta data and images attached with them without having to do this while being in front of the TV - i.e. copy all my movies over then VNC to the aTV and run the import process and make sure all info is correct so I don't discover it when I come to watch it.

Hope that makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.