AppleTV Will Not Stream

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Mcthings, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Mcthings macrumors member

My Apple TV has been having a very weird problem since I got it a year ago. It works outstanding at my apartment without changing any settings on my router or my computer. It streams, syncs, etc.

Anytime I move both my Mac Mini (the server) and the AppleTV to my parents house, however, everything gets messed up. It still syncs just fine, but it will not stream. Unless the movie/tv show you are trying to watch is synced to the appletv hard drive, it will just try to buffer and not get anywhere. I have completely turned off the firewall of the router (Belkin N+) and even put the Mac Mini in the DMZ. I don't imagine it is a problem with the Mac Mini, as the whole system works great when I go home. The only change is the router I'm using, and the ISP my parents have.

Also, the Mac Mini will connect to the internet/get email/surf just fine. The AppleTV Network Test runs successfully.

Any help would be really great. Thank you!

2. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

it might be their router i know wiht my mac mini i use as a htpc when the power goes out my mini stops finding the media server on my network along with my other computers but one i reset my router its able to see everything again i dont know if its the real reason but that fixes it

3. Mcthings thread starter macrumors member

iTunes never looses connection or drops out or anything. It just is stalled on the initial buffering.