AppleUSBHubPort 0xfd100000 when connecting blackberry

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hkbladelawkhk, May 4, 2012.

1. hkbladelawkhk macrumors member

I have had my blackberry connect properly to my mac ONCE. It's a secondary phone thankfully, but the issue arises more often than not.

It seems that if I plug it in and have it go RIGHT to VM, it works, but the second I let OSX hit it, I get the AppleUSBHubPort 0xfd100000 terminating a device error. The USB port and cord work on other devices, but for some reason not on the Blackberry. Here's the annoying part. Every time I get this, I pretty much have to pull power from my computer. It locks up all internet, and prevents the computer from shutting down in a timely manner.

Any ideas to stop this from happening? OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7, 12 GB RAM.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Are you connecting it to the iMac with USB through the keyboard connection or a hub? Or are you plugging it into a USB port on the backside of the iMac?

Have you checked for all the latest software updates for OS X and the Blackberry software?

3. hkbladelawkhk thread starter macrumors member

Plugged in directly, and yep, everything is up to date. I found out if I plug it in while the phone is off, it doesn't give me the issue...

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

I don't know then, you may need to contact Blackberry and see if they can help.

5. hkbladelawkhk thread starter macrumors member

Yea, slightly odd...