Applewatch is ugly...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iwayne, Sep 9, 2014.

1. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

I am very disappointed with Apple. I'll say it, Steve Jobs would have never let this clunky thing see the light of day. Apple is becoming a "me too" company since Tim Cook took the helm. The watch does nothing special and doesn't revolutionize the watch industry. No wonder no real watch companies wanted any part of this nonsense. Switzerland is safe Johnny...

Attached Files:

2. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Well that settles it, then. Based on that opinion I won't be buying it.

Thanks!

3. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Yes, I was most certainly going to buy one too, but since the OP is displeased with it, we must not purchase it now!

4. phrozend macrumors member

Yawn.

5. mripadmini macrumors regular

i will never buy a watch in my lifetime only a iPhone

6. omenatarhuri macrumors 6502a

Switzerland does have some incredible watches. When you walk down the aisles at Zurich Airport you'll be, or at least I always am, blown away by the craftsmanship.

I kind of get the feeling that the Apple Watch would look quite a bit nicer with a round/oval screen instead of this rectangular one. Would certainly reduce the bulkiness factor.

7. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I for one find round screens a complete waste of time. Form over function.

Yes they're most aesthetically pleasing, but there's so much wasted real-estate when you've got no edges. Look at the Moto 360 for example, the standard watchface looks absolutely stunning, but when actually using it as a 'smart' watch, text, icons and images have to be shrunken down and trimmed in order for the Google Now cards to fit in the tiny semi-circle window that they allocate.

It's just not practical at all.

8. sik08amg macrumors regular

sik08amg

I'm not a watch guy but I think the design is nice. I does look like others on the market but I think Apple waited to +1 the competition which they did. The features are what's going to sell this product.

9. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

10. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. On that note what is revolutionary about this product?

11. quickcalibre macrumors regular

quickcalibre

Yeah, I agree, it has some nice functionality, but design is terrible, very cheap 80's looking.

Kind of reminds me of the cheap casio calculator watches.

Yuck.

Apple might be on to something if they manage to make it look good, but so far I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing. :p

(Though I do like some of the straps)